Books For A Dollar Via Gumball Machine

I had a great time at the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library today, checking out some of their current exhibits, as well as selections from their permanent collection.  But, I have to say, the highlight of my trip was the Books For A Buck vending machine.  I have to say, I just could not resist!  Luckily, I had 4 quarters, popped them into the gumball style machine, and got my book.

What I received appears to be an installment - either a sentence or page - of a single book in a book series , as it is numbered 78 of 150.  The title is "The Travel Series Volume III:  Via Air Book Nine".  I wonder what the prior 77 pages said.  Hmmmm







The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library located in La Jolla, California.  It is one of only 16 nonprofit membership libraries in the United States. The library is devoted exclusively to music and art.  It has an amazing collection of books, periodicals, reference material, compact discs, videocassettes, DVDs, sheet music, and librettos, as well as one of the most significant collections of artists' books in Southern California. The library is open to the public five days a week.

The Athenaeum also presents a year-round schedule of art exhibitions, concerts (classical, jazz, and new music), lectures, studio art classes, and other special events.  Check out their webpage for more information, and stop in for a visit soon.


Info here:
http://www.ljathenaeum.org/about-us